Τετάρτη 30 Ιανουαρίου 2008

JUNO...watch it!

Some people may be surprised that I went to see Juno. Or that I was excited to see Juno...First things first: You could take a date to see this movie. On the other side, I like to see most movies first and then recommend it to my friends but since I had a hard time persuading my peer to join me (remember: the average rate for a Greek going out for a movie is ONCE in a year!!!) I went to catch this by myself...
Nothing extraordinary, some may even claim it's the classic feel-good American movie (Αμερικανια)... The movie is funny thanks to Ellen Page and Michael Cera, the kid from Superbad (wtf??? still haven't seen Superbad Fogell?????)
The story? (via IMBD): Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding her unborn child...

She's a smart teen who takes responsibility for her actions and yet we get to see she has flaws just like every teenager trying to grow up. The story is very real, but the reason the movie works is because the parents support her through the whole experience and we see how Juno's pregnancy changes her... Without giving away the entire story because you need to see it yourself, all I can say is that across the board it's a great movie: Great script. Great acting. Great directing. Not too many movies hit the mark on all of them. Two hours flew by for me. Seriously, this is a must-see movie. It's no wonder why Ellen Page has gotten the award nods. She seems like a young Hilary Swank or Natalie Portman who will go on to bigger things..
Bonus feature!!!! The movie comes up with a great great soundtrack...


03-the_kinks-a_well_respected_man.mp3

2 σχόλια:

Erisadesu είπε...

i want to see that also

DIO είπε...

just do it! and lemme know what ya think...